We opened this morning to support children of key workers. Throughout the day we have had discussions with families and the need for school to open is no longer required. My heartfelt thanks go to those staff willing to volunteer to be in school.
School will be shut from tomorrow for staff and children.
These are odd times. Please keep your children at home to protect those vulnerable in our communities and our NHS.
How we will support you during the school closure:
- We will give ideas to keep your children engaged at home.
- These will not be compulsory and are set totally to help give you ideas. The most important thing we ask you to do is read, read them stories, listen to them read, watch online stories - read, read, read. We also ask that you let them know we still have them in our thoughts - give them a hug from us!
- We will answer your questions as best we can – contact us through the normal phone number as we will have our phone diverted or contact your child’s class teacher through tapestry.
- We will keep in contact with you. This may be via the website and facebook; text messages or via phone calls.
- We will be thinking of you, we will miss you and we will be planning some amazing learning for when we see you all again soon.
Look after yourselves.